Google Analytics 4

A lifestyle blog by a London gal who loves plants, metal, bleaching my hair and Osaka

Sunday 9 August 2015

Making your uni room feel like home: decoration tips and tour of my room

Another post in my university advice series, this one is about university accommodation.

Background: I chose the cheapest halls in my uni. It was self catered and bathroom and kitchen were shared between five of us. 
I'd always suggest looking at cheaper accommodation- leaves you more money to spend on alcohol and clothes xD 
Jokes aside, living in the cheapest accommodation has meant I didn't have to get a job in term time.

Here are some ideas to decorate your uni room:


  • Candles- these are probably going to be banned, so either have some you don't burn or get some LED fake candles.
  • Fairy lights will also probably be banned, but check if battery operated LED lights are ok
  • Pictures of family and friends
  • Posters
  • Reuse things eg I used the jar from some dip to hold my makeup brushes, and shoeboxes as drawer dividers. 
  • On a practical note: a dehumidifier and no wet washing in my room has prevented the nasty black mould from returning
  • Drawer liners might be an idea
  • Full length mirror: I shelled out for one, and didn't regret it ^^;; does that make me vain?
  • Plants! I love my cactus and it was so cheap ^^ Cut flowers are also so lovely every once in a while
  • Sometimes function over form is inevitable- I had to keep a pan in my room due to the small kitchen
  • another example of form over function: in exam time, all available wall space was covered in revision.
  • Try to be organised with your work and not let your whole room be overrun by papers.
  • Keep flat surfaces as clear as possible
 Some things my flat mates did:
  • bunting (so so cute) 
  • extra lamps
  •  rugs
  • throw pillows (these annoy me silly but look good) 




I hope you enjoyed this post!

Check out the rest of my university advice series:
Introduction
Cooking at Uni
Uni packing list
Easy Cleaning Schedule

Thanks for reading!
-Amy xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Candyfloss Overkill

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig